Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween 2010


We are SO lucky to be near enough to the Mitchells still that we've already had 2 visits since moving down here. We went up to visit in September, and they came down for Halloween weekend. It is so great to see the cousins still bonding and knowing each other. After both visits, Jane has begged me to move back to Milwaukee. I attribute that to these guys.
Since it was Halloweeen weekend and they weren't getting here in time for our ward party, we had to plan one for ourselves.
We started by putting all our hands in a circle and broke with "Boo!" Team
spirit can apply to lots of things, right? Cupcake decorating was first on the list. Even Baby got some sugar.
The start of the sugar high
After doing Pippi hair 3 times, Jane and I decided to switch things up and be Cinderella. Doesn't my homemade ghost pinata look really good behind her? Yes, I'm asking for compliments.
Even monsters can be cute
Freaky
The mummy roll. Jack was hilarious AND scary walking around like a mummy. I love the roll of paper in this picture.
After all the kids swatted at the ghost, we finally had a jedi who could do the job:


And now we are officially (especially me) in sugar comas.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

So fun to see your Halloween!! I'm making note of all those activities so I can be a fun festive mom someday too!

Daniel and Marian said...

I am impressed! What a great Halloween party--truly I am going to remember those games and do something next year (maybe)--so glad that you and Kate get to see each other so often!

Kate said...

I love these pictures!! So glad my camera battery ran out! I'm even more glad that we came down. The boys had a ball - so did I. Can't wait to visit again, as long as we can have a sugar fest again.