This morning Jane was the last one to wake up. As Audrey and I were cleaning dishes downstairs, I suddenly heard Jane's little getting-out-of-bed patter. I raced up the stairs to find Jane much sooner than I expected on the landing outside of her room rather than in it. She saw ME much sooner than she expected, too, which made us both thrill from the surprise of it and the joy of seeing each other. We couldn't help but laugh right out as we basically tackled each other and I listened to her excitedly tell me that she was awake! What a great start to our day together!
(It reminded me of a time that Adam and I bumped into each other in a very similar scenario in the RB at BYU--the exact kind of giddy anticipation as this morning was probably one of the first moments I knew I loved him. Remember that, Adam? We went and got apples down the road right after?)
2 comments:
So cute! There's nothing better than a little sleeping in that makes you more happy than usual to see your little ones.
so sweet
Post a Comment