Sunday, August 31, 2008
Is there such thing as too much Disney?
So even though it is Sunday, I let Jane watch Robin Hood before church. Since Adam is out of town I needed HOURS to get ready and out the door on time. Well I joined her for the first few minutes while I fed Audrey. For those of you who know Robin Hood, do you remember when Robin Hood and Little John escape into the tree at the very beginning? That's where we were. Jane was facing me with her back to the t.v. and started squeezing her neck. Next thing I knew, Little John was doing the same thing and saying something like "Pretty hard to laugh hanging there, Rob." Next she grabbed an imaginary hat and said "uh-oh." On screen Robin threw an arrow through Little John's hat. Then she scratched her back. So did Little John with the arrow. All of this without once looking at the tv!!! She's not even two yet! Moments later she rubbed her hands together, as Robin Hood likewise did as they planned on robbing Prince John (to feed the poor, of course--let's have some morals in all of the violence!) Have we watched Robin Hood too many times? And dare I confess that we've watched Peter Pan much, much more?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That's hilarious! I love it! Robin Hood has always been one of my favorites too.
My kids are the same way with several movies I have to admit. It's funny though I can picture Jane sitting there and doing all of those things plane as day.
Hey Adam, It was great to talk to you today after a LONG time! And I'm glad we can be blog buddies. I emailed you an invitation. And Laura (this is one of Adam's high school friends), Robin Hood is my favorite Disney--I can quote most of it, although I don't know if I can act it out like Jane! What a cute family!
Hey L.J. So I discovered your blog, and I put a link to it on mine. Hope you don't care! I miss you! Here's our blog: no-ordinarylife.blogspot.com
Laura! How are you? you are so beautiful! and I am totally in love with your little girls, they are the sweetest honeys that I have ever seen! It's about time that you got a blog! jk Really I am happy it's such a fun way to stay connected! It looks like you all are doing wonderful! much love, leslie
Hey Laura! IM glad you found me, I'll add you guys to my page. Audrey is beautiful, and of course Jane is too! Im glad to see you guys are doing well, and Im excited to be able to check your page often to see your little family grow!
It's me again! Are you thinking about teaching for Danceworks? I have heard of them, and that's about it. I never taught for them. Let me know!
Laura! Found you through Megan's page. Your girls are beautiful and look just like you! Wow that's a strong Bennion gene in there! haha. Glad to see you're doing so well!
Post a Comment