Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Housework Continued

This isn't exactly a recent makeover, but we may as well showcase the whole year on the blog while we're on topic.
Before: Our bedroom was blah. I came home to find the aforementioned coffee table finished and our bedroom painted this lovely blue that we had previously chosen for the kitchen, but decided against it because it was going to feel too dark and small. I LOVE how it turned out in our room. This picture isn't quite a true after, since we've since hung things on the walls, but I didn't feel like cleaning it this morning to take another picture :)





And here is the kitchen before we moved in. Yes, that is floral wallpaper, and a hot pink stripe on the edge of the countertop. Let's not even start on the lack of counterspace and cupboards.





We borrowed the missionaries to help mount the upper cupboards after Adam gutted the kitchen, except for the dishwasher.


All that you see, except the appliances, are from Ikea: the cupboards, countertop, and sink.

I was so thankful to go from washing dishes in the tub...
to washing dishes in my brand new kitchen sink! I get to take the credit for taking the wallpaper down and for helping to paint this time. Do you like the yellow?

3 comments:

Tami and Aaron said...

I have to say we knew you did a lot of work in the house but we never did see the before pictures....you guys did a ton of work and it all looks so beautiful! If we ever buy a house I'll be sure to call you if we need any renovations.

Unknown said...

I am officially blowing away!!!! You two are amazing! Your rooms look like pictures from the magazine . As a matter of fact - are you sure they are not? :LOL AWESOME JOB!!!

PS - come to my blog too :
http://livingbodyspiritandsoul.blogspot.com/

Kim And Bruce said...

Love the house! Miss you! I am so happy to have this blog to keep updated on your cute family and fun life!