Friday, December 5, 2008

Jane's 2nd birthday

















What a fun day! Jane's birthday was December 4th--yesterday! The day before was Sesame Street's birthday theme--perfect tutorial for Jane. She was SO HAPPY all day long. From waking up to balloons in her bedroom, to the birthday song, to the cousins, to the candles, she was smiling so hard I think it made her cheeks hurt, as you can see in the cupcake picture! Pure joy in her little face! I know she really felt special. We practiced showing two fingers for "2," and found the easiest way was to use both hands. My little 2 year old! At her party (with Jack, Winfield, Charles, Audrey, Kate, Mommy, and Daddy) we played the piano, "Happy, happy, birthday!" (Duck, duck, goose), and "Pin the flower on the stem." We had confetti cupcakes and Jane's favorite ice cream: Peppermint.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday Jane! How wonderful that she was happy for ALL of her special day too! I don't think I've ever had peppermint ice cream but it sounds super yummy!
Today was really fun for me, now you have to come out to my house! :)

Dave and Catherine said...

These photos are so precious! My favorite is the one of her clutching the tea set & looking like the most exciting thing in the world just happened!

Austin and Kristen Bennion said...

All those pictures are soo cute! She looks like she has grown up since last time I saw her! She is so cute! Happy Birthday Jane!

Jared and Leslie said...

happy birthday Beautiful Jane! you are such a big girl!!! holy smokes :) You are a perfect combination of your mommy and daddy!
xoxo
leslie