When I ask Adam to tell me what he was like as a child, I usually get a few stories about him sneaking under the kitchen window so his mom couldn't see him running away down the block, sneaking away from joy school by himself and walking home, etc. He was always wanting to be free doing something fun.
So we are here in California for the holidays (well, Adam has gone back to Milwaukee to catch a flight to Louisiana for the Sugar Bowl now) and Jane is starting to exhibit this same behavior. She has learned how to open doors here, since they are much easier to open than ours, and is abusing her talent, if you ask me. We were all in our room going to sleep the other night when we saw this little head bobbing along the wall, a hand reach up to the doorknob, and then some pattering down the hall even after Adam's stern "Jane!" Sneaky sneaky.
Today she wouldn't stay down for her nap. Gammie kept putting her back, the little stinker (Jane, not Gammie). Finally my mom came in laughing because she'd just watched Jane come out of the room on her bottom, scoot down the hall on her little rear until she was "all clear," then stood up, brushed her hands off with one of those "well that's taken care of" sighs, and ran off to play. She is certainly Adam's girl.
2 comments:
I love it! My kids exhibit so many of Pete's traits, it scares me. Every time Noah is near Pete's mom, she will say something like "you're in trouble now... that's what Peter used to do!"
I love how I can just "see" Jane doing that!
Post a Comment